St Clears RFC | 1st Team 25 - 19 Loughor RFC | 1st Team
Rhys Cadogan
Try 1
Geraint Jones
Conversion 1
Penalty 2
Tomas Rees
Try 1
Adam Phillips
Conversion 1
Try 1
Jamie George
2 Try
Tom Rhys Davies
2 Conversion
Thomas James Davies
1 Try

Match Report
16 October 2017 / Team News

Home to Loughor 14/10/2017

A visit from high flying Loughor, after a defeat in a really tough cup encounter against bottom placed Tumble the previous week, was viewed with some trepidation by the new boys in the division, particularly as a number of key players were still absent with injuries but in their smart new 'change strip' for the first time they certainly looked the part!.

However after an opening spell of twenty minutes with a penalty apiece on the board and very little to choose between the sides, scrum half Rhys Cadogan opened the try account for the home side and within four minutes full back Adam Phillips added another plus his own conversion to put Saints into, what appeared to be, a comfortable position leading by 12 points to nil.

An extra man following a yellow card for second row Dafydd Walters shortly before half time allowed Loughor to gain the initiative however and the ensuing forward pressure resulted in a try and an easy conversion for the visitors to go into the break only five points in arrears.

An early penalty for Geraint Jones stretched Saints lead and with Loughor struggling to keep in the game at that stage a period of both territorial advantage and much greater possession suggested another score was only a matter of time but a turnover from deep in the visitor’s half allowed for a breakaway try and an easy conversion to put Loughor right back in the game.

Another penalty from Geraint Jones shortly after the restart and an opportunist converted try for substitute flanker Tom Rees, within ten minutes, restored Saints advantage to 13 points with twenty minutes remaining but with both sides tiring, and the visitors refusing to concede defeat they recorded another try to give Saints a nervous final ten minutes before the final whistle signalled a well deserved, although perhaps slightly surprising, victory at 25 points to 19 for the new boys to the division.